I’m excited to announce that my book, Shifting Paradigms: A Cancer Survivor’s Journey of Holistic Healing, is now a best seller on Amazon!
Achieving bestseller status on Amazon is no easy feat. It takes months of hard work, dedication, and a strategic marketing plan. But if you have a passion for writing and you’re willing to put in the effort, it is possible to achieve your dream.
I know firsthand how hard it is to write a book, let alone a best-selling one. It took me over a year to write Shifting Paradigms, and there were many times when I wanted to give up. But I kept going because I was passionate about my story and I wanted to share it with the world.
This is part of the books section, which contains information about all my books and blog posts about my journey as an author.
Shifting Paradigms – A Cancer Survivor’s Journey of Holistic Healing
In ‘Shifting Paradigms,’ join me on a profound journey of healing from cancer and living with a colostomy. Discover the power of holistic healing and resilience in the face of adversity. A story of transformation, hope, and triumph over life’s greatest challenges.
Watch: How to Write a Bestselling Book in 2023
If you prefer to watch a video about this topic, you can watch it below. Please remember to subscribe to the channel as well as like the video, too!
Or if you prefer to Read, continue from here.
If you’re thinking about writing a book, here are a few tips:
Choose a Topic
Choosing a topic that you’re passionate about is one of the most important things you can do when writing a book. It will make the writing process more enjoyable and help you stay motivated when things get tough.
When you’re passionate about a topic, you have a lot to say about it. You’re also more likely to be knowledgeable about it, which will make the writing process easier. Additionally, your passion will come through in your writing, making it more engaging and interesting for your readers.
Here are a few tips for choosing a topic that you’re passionate about:
- Think about the things you love to talk about. What are you always reading about or learning about? What are your hobbies and interests?
- Consider your personal experiences. What have you been through in your life that you could write about? What lessons have you learned?
- Think about the problems that you’re passionate about solving. What are the issues that you care about deeply? What are the things you want to change the world?
Once you’ve brainstormed a list of potential topics, take some time to reflect on which one you’re most excited to write about. Which topic do you feel like you have the most to say about? Which topic do you think your readers would be most interested in?
Once you’ve chosen a topic, you can start to narrow it down and develop your book proposal. But remember, the most important thing is to choose a topic that you’re passionate about. This will make the writing process more enjoyable and help you stay motivated all the way through.
Here are a few examples of books that were written by authors who were passionate about their topics:
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank: Frank was passionate about writing and journaling, and her diary provides a unique and moving account of the Holocaust.
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert: Gilbert was passionate about travel and self-discovery, and her book shares her journey to find meaning and purpose in her life.
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl: Frankl was a psychiatrist who survived the Holocaust, and his book is about how to find meaning and purpose in life, even in the face of adversity.
These are just a few examples, of course. There are many other books that were written by authors who were passionate about their topics. If you can find a topic that you’re passionate about, you’ll be well on your way to writing a successful book.
Do Your Research
Doing your research is essential for any book project, but it’s especially important if you’re writing about a complex or technical topic. By doing your research, you’ll be able to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of your topic. This will help you write with authority and accuracy.
- Identify any gaps in your knowledge. Once you know what you don’t know, you can start to fill in the blanks.
- Find sources to support your claims. This is important for both credibility and legal reasons.
- Generate new ideas and insights. The more you learn about your topic, the more ideas you’ll have for your book.
Here are a few tips for doing your research:
- Start by identifying the key questions you want to answer in your book. This will help you focus your research and ensure that you’re gathering the right information.
- Look for a variety of sources, including books, articles, websites, and interviews. This will help you get a well-rounded view of your topic.
- Be critical of the information you find. Not all sources are created equal. Make sure to evaluate the credibility of each source before you use it in your book.
- Keep track of your sources as you go. This will make it easier to cite them properly in your book.
Here are a few examples of how to do research for different types of books:
- Nonfiction books: For a nonfiction book, you’ll need to do research to ensure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. You can do this by reading books and articles on your topic, interviewing experts, and conducting surveys.
- Fiction books: Even though fiction books are works of the imagination, you’ll still need to do some research to make your world and characters believable. For example, if you’re writing a historical fiction book, you’ll need to research the time period and setting. If you’re writing a science fiction book, you’ll need to research scientific concepts.
- Memoirs: For a memoir, you’ll need to do research to refresh your memory and ensure that your events are accurate. You can also do research to find additional information about your experiences, such as historical context or cultural perspectives.
No matter what type of book you’re writing, doing your research is essential. By taking the time to learn about your topic, you’ll be able to write a better book.
Create an outline
Creating an outline is one of the best ways to stay organized and on track when writing a book. An outline is a blueprint for your book, and it can help you to:
- Develop your main ideas and supporting points.
- Ensure that your book has a logical flow.
- Identify any gaps in your content.
- Stay on track and avoid writer’s block.
There are many different ways to create an outline, but the most common approach is to start by identifying the main topics that you want to cover in your book. Once you have your main topics, you can start to break them down into subtopics. You can continue to break down your subtopics until you have a detailed outline of your entire book.
Here are a few tips for creating an outline:
- Start by identifying the main topics of your book. What are the big ideas that you want to communicate?
- Break down your main topics into subtopics. What are the smaller points that you need to make in order to support your main ideas?
- Continue to break down your subtopics until you have a detailed outline of your entire book. This may involve several levels of subtopics.
- Be flexible. Your outline is a living document, and you should feel free to change it as you go. If you come up with new ideas, or if you realize that something doesn’t work, don’t be afraid to adjust your outline.
Here is an example of a simple outline for a non-fiction book:
- What is the book about?
- Why is the book important?
- Chapter 1: Topic 1
- Subtopic 1
- Subtopic 2
- Chapter 2: Topic 2
- Subtopic 1
- Subtopic 2
- Chapter 3: Topic 3
- Subtopic 1
- Subtopic 2
- Summary of the main points
- Call to action
Of course, this is just a simple example. Your outline may be more or less detailed, depending on the length and complexity of your book. But no matter what type of book you’re writing, creating an outline is a great way to stay organized and on track.
Here are a few benefits of creating an outline for your book:
- It will help you to develop your main ideas and supporting points. When you take the time to create an outline, you’re forced to think about the structure of your book and the main points that you want to communicate. This can help you to develop your ideas more fully and to create a more coherent and cohesive book.
- It will ensure that your book has a logical flow. An outline can help you to see the big picture and to make sure that your book flows from one topic to the next in a logical way. This will make it easier for your readers to follow your train of thought and to understand the main points of your book.
- It will help you to identify any gaps in your content. Once you have a detailed outline of your book, you can start to identify any areas where you need to do more research or where you need to add more information. This will help you to ensure that your book is complete and informative.
- It will help you to stay on track and avoid writer’s block. An outline can give you a roadmap for your writing and help you to stay on track. It can also help you to avoid writer’s block by giving you a clear sense of what you need to write next.
If you’re serious about writing a book, I highly recommend creating an outline. It’s one of the best ways to stay organized and on track, and it can help you to write a better book.
Set Realistic Goals
Don’t expect to write your book overnight. Set small, achievable goals for yourself and work towards them one day at a time.
Setting realistic goals is essential for any book project. If you set your sights too high, you’re more likely to get discouraged and give up. But if you set small, achievable goals, you’ll be able to make progress and stay motivated.
Here are a few tips for setting realistic goals for your book project:
- Consider your time constraints and commitments. How much time do you have each day or week to devote to writing your book? Be realistic about how much you can accomplish.
- Break down your book into smaller tasks. For example, instead of setting a goal to write 10,000 words in a week, set a goal to write 1,000 words per day.
- Set deadlines for yourself. This will help you to stay on track and make progress.
- Reward yourself for reaching your goals. This will help you to stay motivated.
Here is an example of how to set realistic goals for your book project:
- Goal 1: Write 1,000 words per day.
- Deadline: 3 months.
- Reward: Take a day off from writing and do something you enjoy.
Once you’ve reached your first goal, you can set a new goal for yourself. For example, you could set a goal to write 1,200 words per day, or to finish a particular chapter by a certain date.
It’s important to be flexible with your goals. If you have a particularly busy week, or if you’re struggling with a particular section of your book, it’s okay to adjust your goals accordingly. But don’t give up on your goals entirely. Just keep working towards them one day at a time.
Here are a few tips for staying on track with your goals:
- Create a writing schedule and stick to it as much as possible.
- Find a writing buddy or join a writing group. This can help you to stay motivated and accountable.
- Take breaks when you need them, but don’t give up.
- Celebrate your successes! Every time you reach a goal, take some time to celebrate your accomplishment.
Writing a book is a challenging but rewarding experience. By setting realistic goals and working towards them one day at a time, you can achieve your goal of writing a book.
Get Feedback from Others
Once you have a draft of your book, ask friends, family members, or beta readers to give you feedback. This will help you identify any areas that need improvement.
Getting feedback from others is one of the best ways to improve your book. Once you have a draft of your book, ask friends, family members, or beta readers to give you feedback. Beta readers are people who are interested in reading your book before it is published and providing you with feedback. You can find beta readers through online writing communities, social media, or your personal network.
When asking for feedback, be specific about what you are looking for. Do you want feedback on the overall plot, characters, writing style, or something else? The more specific you are, the more helpful the feedback will be.
Here are a few tips for getting feedback from others:
- Choose beta readers who are honest and critical. You want feedback that will help you improve your book, not just make you feel good.
- Give your beta readers clear instructions. Tell them what you are looking for in their feedback and how much time you need them to provide it by.
- Be open to feedback, even if it is negative. It is important to remember that feedback is a gift. It is an opportunity to learn and grow as a writer.
Once you have received feedback from your beta readers, take some time to process it. Don’t feel like you have to implement all of the feedback you receive, but do consider it carefully. Think about what the feedback is telling you about your book and how you can improve it.
Here are a few examples of how to use feedback to improve your book:
- If a beta reader tells you that they are confused about a particular plot point, you can revise the book to make it clearer.
- If a beta reader tells you that they don’t like a particular character, you can revise the character or cut them from the book altogether.
- If a beta reader tells you that your writing style is too dry or too technical, you can revise your writing to make it more engaging and easier to read.
Getting feedback from others is an essential part of the writing process. By getting feedback from beta readers, you can identify any areas of your book that need improvement and make the necessary changes. This will help you to write a better book that your readers will love.
Join my community to stay updated. I post about being an author, my books, and also digital marketing tips. Plus, you get updated whenever there are sales and promotions. Simply fill in the details below, and you will receive an email with instructions on how to join this invaluable community.
How to Write a Bestselling Book in 2023
Timotheus Final Thoughts
It’s so important to keep pursuing your dreams, even when things get tough. If you have a passion for writing, don’t give up on your dream of becoming an author.
There will be times when you feel discouraged. You may get rejected by publishers, or you may have trouble finishing your book. But if you keep working hard and never give up, you will eventually achieve your dream.
I’m living proof of that. I’ve been writing since I was a child, and I’ve always dreamed of becoming a published author. But it took me many years to achieve my dream.
Finally, after years of hard work, I was able to publish my first book. It was a dream come true! And now, I’m living my dream as a full-time author.
If you have a dream of becoming an author, don’t give up. Keep writing, keep learning, and keep trying. Eventually, you will achieve your dream.
Here are a few tips for staying motivated and pursuing your dream of becoming an author:
- Set realistic goals. Don’t expect to become a famous author overnight. Set small, achievable goals for yourself, such as writing 1,000 words per day or finishing a particular chapter by a certain date.
- Find a writing community. There are many online and in-person writing communities where you can connect with other writers. These communities can provide you with support and motivation, and they can also help you to improve your writing.
- Don’t be afraid of rejection. Rejection is a part of the writing process. Everyone gets rejected at some point. Don’t let rejection discourage you. Just keep writing and keep trying.
- Celebrate your successes. Every time you reach a goal, take some time to celebrate your accomplishment. This will help you to stay motivated and keep moving forward.
Remember, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. If you have a passion for writing and you’re willing to put in the work, you can become a successful author.
If you have ANY questions, or anything to clarify, please drop a comment below. I will be happy to help you.
I wish everyone good heath, wealth, and success!
Digital Marketer, Lecturer, Amazon Bestselling Author & Cancer Survivor